Laying it aside

 There are moments when the world is pressing in on you, your thoughts circle around and your stress levels slowly eat away at your health. Stop letting that happen, there is enough in the world that is trying to kill you, no need in letting something work from your mind out. Stress is a tough one to figure out though, so I better get started.
The easy way is to live a life that has less cause for stress; keep an easy going job, live below your means and do things that don't take too much difficult work. If you cannot do that, then let's hope there's a way to deal with stress.
I have never been very good at dealing with stress head on, I often try to just let the world do its thing while I move around and do my thing. I put stressful situations behind me and forget they ever happened. If a stresser gets in my face too much, then I feel a great urge to step away from it. I assume that life does not have to be stressful, so why allow it to be.
In dealing with stress that I could not just walk away from, I have done my share of meditation, yoga, and listening to peaceful music to move my mind beyond the stress. These tools have been very helpful to me; allowing yourself the time to slip out of your daily thoughts, either looking inward or outward can do wonders for ones stress levels.
Stretching your awareness out beyond that which lies in between your mind and being at ease can be as simple as listening. Go sit on a comfy spot, turn on some new age music, I like Steve Roach and Kitaro, but maybe you like soothing classical music and that works too. Let the music or silence or nature flow through the void of your mind. Try seeing fields of stars swirling within your skull. Letting deep space fill your presence can really bring those stressers into perspective, or imagine yourself floating out in the galaxy; when we remind ourselves of just how tiny we are in the cosmos, then the small things might just stop sweating.
There will be stress in most everyone's life, and we each have to consciously choose to let that stress go if we are to move beyond it. There are books, videos and websites to guide each of us through stressful situations. Or we can go with our intuition and release the stress in positive ways that come out of self understanding and reflection. Take time to breath at ease today and every day.
Love,
PEACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many parts to one

The great

Crossed lines