Ignoring

 Ignorance can be a fire in the darkness of hell. I truly knew bliss when I was a child living for the moment, happily breathing and eating as my parents supported me, my brother and sisters. Challenges came; potty training, reaching door handles, learning to ride a bike, finding out how to not shut my fingers in the door, which took a while, and finally a lifetime of growing my brains understanding. At one point I knew everything, OK, I thought I knew everything and that was when I didn't know how much I had to learn. I was a man sized child and I was in a bit of a hell that I created for myself through having great ignorance. I look back and I love that young man, I love him because he never really stopped digging, despite that knowing of everything, and because he grew into what I find in this mind today. But there was hell to pay for attempting ignorance by assuming to have all the answers, and I did face my inner darkness, and standing in front of it I grew to find that it was directly connected to my inner light. I found a point just outside the atomic structure I call home, this human form, and it is balanced in light and darkness as a portion of the flowing energy moving everything as if it were nothing. The hell that I went through was filled with demons; like depression, over drinking, and feeling disconnected from everything. I was not sad on the outside, my mask was well developed, but my heart and soul yearned to be reconnected, because I had built a wall between them. That time of ignorance was an inner hell, and I felt surrounded by darkness until I changed my gaze slightly to see the light. I am only a bit wiser than that boy, but I am infanately more aware of how little I know compared to what I may be allowed to learn. So, I continue to seek more in understanding everything I can, and egg myself on by singing lyrics like in one of my wife's favorite songs, "...hang on little tomato..."

Love,

PEACE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many parts to one

The great

Crossed lines