082912 and 091312


It seems as though Nietzsche, in his “Antichrist” is stating that Jesus himself tried to point people in the direction of their own connection to God.  No salvation needed, just understanding of what we are and where we come from. 

After finishing Mr. Nietzsche’s “Antichrist” I find myself standing on the corner waiting to see a light click on, but the light stays off.  I see some of his points as clear and understandable, but then others just push me away.  I love the many splendid cultures that are around the world, as we ll as all the glorious concepts and ideas that have grown out of them.  Nietzsche seems to also enjoy a taste for varying cultures and for many books.  He comments on the bible and the man written to be Jesus; drawing a conclusion through his studies that Jesus was trying to show people that they are all connected to God and that no established church was necessary for us to be with God.  In doing this, Jesus was defeating any need for a giant established church that is making all the rules; this point makes sense to me.  In this I also see a good reason for common meeting places, similar to what I have heard the Mormon’s have, but with more individualized freedom of spiritual thinking.  Back to Jesus and Nietzsche’s idea, it makes sense in thinking that the use of the old testament and its rules as a primer for Jesus’ teachings is a bit confusing to the reader of the bible, and it might actually allow the reader to be lead astray.  If the rules are laid out and then Jesus puts forth the question’ “…what do the laws say?” a couple times, then people could think that Jesus was saying to follow those rules.  Nietzsche says this is not what Jesus was saying, and I would have to agree.  I am with Nietzsche in thinking that Jesus was saying do not follow that book too closely. 

Nietzsche, in following what he assumes Jesus was really saying, fills in with rants against the church, Luther and a few other established ideas or their makers.  Until we reach the “Code of Menu”, which he seems to have fallen in love with.  I myself accept that there are many different types of people and that each type may have different abilities that they are preprogrammed for to a certain extent, but I do not think this should allow us to make choices of who is better and best by what they are good at.  I understand the need for all the different minds and body types of the human race, there really is a need for each different type, or we as a whole would be good at one or two things and all our other needs would go unfulfilled.  Each type of person can allow themselves to be helpful in their specific ways, and I do not understand how he may think that one type of helpfulness should be held at a greater value than any other type.  So what Nietzsche says about the greatness of this Code confuses me.  It seems that here, he lays down one establishments pamphlet of superiority just to pick up a new one.  I am also wondering if perhaps he had established this frame of thought as a pun, but I feel it was not.  So that being said, he and I must part ways at that point.  I would have to follow that path which leads me to equality of all souls and bodies when it comes to compensation for one’s time put into assisting in their way. 

Since order seems to need to be put in as a reminder from time to time, it would seem we should keep a governing group, and to keep food on our tables we should keep some farmers around.  We could probably be considered smart to keep artists, musicians, mechanics, electricians, engineers and all the rest.  The established order seems to be working pretty well; with a few fixes it could be even better.  The drama of our lives may be able to be lessened through allowing for the change of reasons for compensation amounts to be created equally across the board of all the varying job types.  We can look at something as simple as the time people put forth an effort in their career and preparing for it as the reason for greater levels of compensation; not just the prestige of the position they hold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many parts to one

The great

Crossed lines